Monday, August 22

What I've Learn this Month

Assalamualaikum dear followers...


Well, the title says it all. I just want to share what I've noticed and learn during this barakah month. Ramadan is almost over and I think as Muslim, we have so much to be grateful of. Even the simplest good deeds we did it will be multiply. InsyaAllah.


1. Patience in every possible way.
Yes, the most obvious thing that I've learn this Holy Month is to be patience in all sorts of things. Having my father 24/7 always needed patience. Believe me. Taking care of your parents must acquire good skill in patience. Since we are all grown up, our mentality and our parents mentality is definitely not the same. It's always a dispute when you wanted to make choices that will bring personal happiness and what makes your parents happy. I experienced this during Ramadan. Even in the easiest choice you make, your parents will definitely think the opposite. As a child, we are obliged to  make them happy EVEN THOUGH IT INCLUDES SETTING ASIDE YOUR EGO. 


2. New recipes for IFTAR
:) This is one of the good things I learn and I am loving it. Ibu told me that it is best to cook for iftar since I am not having any commitment elsewhere. Besides, not all food sold in Bazaar as good as we expected. So, to avoid any turn off during the break-fast, we all agreed that I will cook for iftar. Thinking of what to cook for iftar at 10 in the morning is normal to me. I browse for recipes in the internet, I called ibu for ideas and I just try and error sometimes. Timing is very important in cooking since I don't want to be in a rush at the kitchen.Therefore, at 5pm, I'll take my own sweet time to cook and usually it will be done an hour later. After that I can just rest and watch tv until maghrib. Having a laptop on the kitchen table is a very normal habit of me as I need to refer to it for dishes I never cook before. It's almost a month now and my parents never complained. Thumbs up for me. InsyaAllah, there's room for improvement :p


3. Less is More
This is a very cliche saying but I totally agree with it. Jangan biar nafsu yang dorong kita. (Wah, BM pulak tiba2 nih) Well, it's true. We tend to crave all sorts of things and bought it in big portion and ended up not finishing it. Yes, I am referring to all those side dishes we bought at Bazaar like murtabak, kuihs, roti john and etc. I learn that we must make it a simple as possible. After all, we also tend to skip terawih if we ate too much during the break-fast. How can you perform solat with a full belly. Torture I tell ya.


Well, that's the most things that brings impact during my Ramadan. What's yours? Share with me :) Maybe I can learn from you too.


InsyaAllah, our deeds will be accepted by Allah this time of Ramadan.


AIDILFITRI IS AROUND THE CORNER! excited :)



No comments:

Post a Comment